East Longmeadow Garden Club
E.L.H.S. resident who plans further education in the fields of Agriculture, Botany, Conservation, Ecology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Protection, Floral Design, Forestry, Landscape Architecture, Oceanography, Perma-culture/Agro-ecology or a related field.
- $1,000 scholarship
- Information and application available at E.L. Library or H.S. Guidance Department
- Must presently be an East Longmeadow High School student or recent graduate, a graduate student who resides in EL, or an EL student and resident accepted into a special program
- Must include an official grade transcript
- Deadline: February 28, 2019
- Send completed application and transcript to Mrs. Rae Davis, 50 Mayfair Street, East Longmeadow or Mrs. Cheri Jobbins, 579 Prospect Street, East Longmeadow.
East Longmeadow Scholarship Foundation
E.L. residents accepted by or enrolled in an accredited college or technical school. Two separate applications are available.
- General scholarship and Engineering (or related field) scholarship
- Copy of H.S. or college transcript must accompany the application
- First-year applicants must take part in an annual door-to-door fundraiser
- Information and application available at E.L. Library, H.S. Guidance Department, or email Celeste O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: February 15 postmark
Berkshire Bank Foundation
Scholarships are awarded to students through a competitive application process based on academic standing, financial need, and record of community service. Students must live in communities served by Berkshire Bank.
- 14 scholarships available for $1,500 each
- For more information, visit Berkshire Bank Foundation Scholarship Awards Program
- Applications must be submitted online
Big Y Scholarship Program
Awards are for both traditional and nontraditional students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- 300+ scholarships are given each year
- Scholarships are given on an academic basis
- Additional information can be found on their website, http://www.bigy.com/Community/Scholarships
- Deadline: February 1
Community Foundations of Western MA
The Foundation administers scholarships and interest-free loan funds, through one centralized application process, to over 700 applicants totaling $2 million in awards to undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Application is available online only
- Each scholarship and loan fund has specific criteria which determine eligibility
- An official academic transcript (sent by the school) and Student Aid Report (SAR) must accompany the application
- More information can be found at http://communityfoundation.org/scholarships/apply/
- The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts accepts completed applications from
January 1, 2019 through March 31, 2019.
Greater Boston PFLAG
Each year Greater Boston PFLAG awards scholarship money to high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership in improving their school’s climate for LGBTQ youth. Two separate scholarships are available.
- Graduating high-school student must be enrolling in a 2 or 4-year college or technical school
- For students who have made high-school and/or community sports safer for LGBTQ student-athletes
- Additional details (for both) can be found at https://gbpflag.org/initiatives-k-scholarship/
- Deadline for both scholarships is February 28, 2019.
Hampden County Improvement League
Recipients must be a resident of Hampden County for at least two years, be a good student and must show current or previous involvement in 4-H, an agricultural endeavor or be a member of a farm family.
- Up to $1,000 scholarship
- Information at H.S. Guidance Department or by contacting Sue (413-786-1432) or Maryellen (413-786-9995)
- Deadline: June 1
The HCC Foundation has over $200,000 in scholarships available for new, current and transferring students. You must be enrolled at HCC or have been accepted for the upcoming academic year in order to be eligible for all HCC scholarships.
- Must submit your most recent FAFSA or a copy of your most recent tax return (if a FAFSA was not filed)
- You will need to write a personal essay, provide a reference letter and provide financial information
- Visit https://www.hcc.edu/alumni-and-friends/the-hcc-foundation/scholarships, call Scholarship Help (413-552-2321) or email email@example.com
- Deadline to submit: March 20, 2019
MA Broadcasters Association Scholarship
Students who are permanent residents of Massachusetts and plan to or are enrolled at an accredited institution of higher learning are encouraged to apply.
- 10 scholarships available for $2,000 each to pursue a career in over-the-air broadcasting
- A $3,000 scholarship is also awarded in honor of the former President of the MBA, Al Sprague
- Additional information can be found at http://www.massbroadcasters.org/scholarship
Polish Junior League of MA, Inc.
The league has three scholarships set up for Polish heritage students, each with various criteria.
- “Helen Weber Scholarship” – must be of Polish heritage, live in Western MA, enrolled in sophomore year or higher of college, and be a Media, Communication Specialist, Library Science, or Journalism major
- “Undergraduate Scholarship” – must be of Polish heritage, live in Western MA and enrolled in sophomore year or higher of college
- “Josephine Karwoski Memorial Scholarship” – must be female and of Polish heritage, enrolled or accepted to a graduate degree program or non-traditional student returning to undergraduate studies, and live in Western MA
- Application also requires an official college/university transcript, one-page essay, and a letter of recommendation
- Please visit http://polishjuniorleaguema.org/applications/scholarshipapplica/
- Deadline: May 1, 2019
Stephen-Phillips Memorial Scholarship
A scholarship for permanent residents of New England states who demonstrate academic excellence, seriousness of purpose, good citizenship and character, a strong work ethic and who meet our financial-need requirements.
- Award ranges from $3,000 – $10,000 but generally stay below $6,000
- Award can be renewed yearly if GPA of 2.5 is maintained and financial need does not change
- Must be entering or returning to an accredited undergraduate institution in the United States
- Pursuing an bachelor’s degree for the first time
- United States citizen and permanent resident in one of the New England states
- Applicants should have a GPA 3.0 or higher and a substantial financial need
- Additional information can be found at http://phillips-scholarship.org/
- Deadline: May 1
Three County Fair 2019 Scholarship
Available to graduating seniors attending a high school in a city or town of Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden, MA counties.
Priority is given to graduating seniors who
- are pursuing a career in agriculture or agricultural experience
- exhibit or volunteer at the Three County Fair
- volunteer in their community in non-school sponsored activities
- participate in extra-curricular school activities
- Download application – https://www.3countyfair.com/p/getinvolved/296